Here are a few facts about us:
- Aquatic Creations Group has been installing and servicing aquarium displays in the Triangle for 20 years now, classifying us as one of the most established professional aquarium service companies in the area.
- ACG is owned and operated by marine biologists Gilbert and Michelle Van Dykhuizen. We have over 35 years of experience in both the private and public aquarium industry.
- Gil earned his Masters degree in Marine Biology at Moss Landing Marine Labs through San Jose State University and worked for 17 years at Monterey Bay Aquarium in Monterey, California as an aquarist, research biologist, and curator.
- Michelle graduated with a B.S. double major in Marine Biology and Chemistry from Sacramento State University at Moss Landing Marine Labs and also worked at Monterey Bay Aquarium in construction administration and exhibit design.
- ACG collaborates with other professional aquarists; aquarium exhibit design companies and academic institutions.
- We have full-time professional aquarists on our staff.
- At our maintenance shop we manage saltwater fish and coral, freshwater fish and plants, and culture Aurelia (the moon jellyfish) for our clients.
- We currently service 120 commercial and residential exhibits ranging in size from 20 gallons to 15,000 gallons.
- Our commercial clients include Bass Pro Shops in Cary, NC, Cabela’s in Garner, NC, multiple hospitals in the Triangle, physicians, dentists, orthodontists; attorneys, real estate and mortgage businesses, software businesses, restaurants, retirement and child care facilities; and many luxury homes in the Triangle area.
We strive to design, construct and maintain quality aquarium exhibits, at affordable prices that will entertain, educate and bring years of enjoyment to our clients.